Thursday, June 02, 2005

Overhyped Bangalore

Now that I have been in Bangalore for 10 days, it allows me to have a more objective look at the city. Is bangalore really what it is claimed to be ? Indian silicon valley. The fifth metro etc. The place where everybody wants to work.
I don't agree with these analysis. Yeah Bangalore is fun but there are only so many times you can go to Forum, roam on MG Road or Brigade Road. What else to do ?
Firstly, the plus points. The weather is gr8. Enthusiasm and informal work culture are surely a positive thing and the crowd and eateries too.
But the traffic is pathetic. I mean I have seen more traffic jams here in 10 days than in the last 10 years of my life. To cover 2 kms from office to home at 7 pm takes 45 min. Moreover, electricity problems. Whenerver, it rains electricity is cut off and we are left in the darkness. Is this what an international city is ? I don't think so
My analysis might be wrong. After coming from a place like Roorkee and hearing so much about B'lore, I might have been expecting a lot. But in this case, I got less than I expected

No comments: