Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sayonara Roorkee

This post was supposed to be my last from Roorkee. But packing, saying goodbyes and other stuff took more time than expected. The delay after that can be blamed onto the dial-up at home or my habit of procrastination.
Neways, time to get out of college life and get a little serious. I shall be joining Manhattan Associates, B'lore from 3rd July. A different life, that of a professional awaits after all the fun at Roorkee.
However, Roorkee will always hold a special place in my heart as the place where I spent the best four years of my life. I know a lot of my friends wont agree with me saying but for me, a place is made by the ppl there. If I hadn't been to Roorkee, I wouldn't have met all the wonderful ppl - Bong, Joshi, Bond, Gabs, Bhandari, Bansa, Laskar, Bela, Sid, Lancy, Gala the list can go on & on.
I learnt a lot from these ppl and thru organizing various activities. I'll never be able to forget Corpostrat 04, Chaos 05, EDC, Chaos 06 and Metamorphosis. I'll quote something that I have already quoted once "Experiences can be bitter but memories are always sweet"
Sayonara IITR, Will miss ya

PS: While coming back from London, saw Mr Azim Premji on Mumbai airport. The gr8 man was alone carrying a small suitcase with him. Ran after him but he entered security before I reached him. Bad Luck or I would have had proof for this story

1 comment:

Sid said...

Like you said man. Not everyone will agree with you. Esp. ME.